Partner | Associée | Avocate au barreau des Hauts-de-Seine, de New York, Floride et de Californie
Roselyn Sands started her career in 1984 in the United States. She joined EY in Paris in 2001, where her practice focuses particularly on advising U.S. and other foreign-based clients on human resources, labor & employment matters relevant to doing business in France and Europe. Roselyn has significant French and cross-border experience regarding works council management, mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, transactions, post transaction integration, the implementation of global restructuring decisions (including supply chain management), SOX compliance, corporate governance, employee privacy issues, and more generally managing the day-to-day workplace in France and in Europe. Her multi-cultural approach, her firsthand knowledge of multi-national companies and her business-oriented pragmatism are central to her method and style in assisting clients on how to achieve their corporate objectives while complying with the rigid and burdensome requirements of French and European law.
Given her transatlantic legal experience, Roselyn has also done extensive work on corporate social responsability, including various publications and speaking engagements, including, What is sustainable development?, at the Produrable, a French forum for professionals and sustainable development, April 2008, The European Lead?, at the Littler Global Employer Institute of October 2008, Corporate Social Responsibility and Organizational Culture: The Faces of the Organization in Challenging Times, at the XBHR Conference of March 2009, Reducing costs while being a socially responsible employer, Ernst &Young, March 2009, « Doing well by doing good » : a Challenge For Business, French-American Chamber of Commerce, May 2010.
Roselyn is a regular speaker at the international labor & employment law conferences such as the American Bar Association, International Bar Associations, XBHR, Littler Global Employer conference.
- International Labor & Employment Law
- University of Paris Law School Panthéon-Assas Master of Law in French Labor and Employment Law with honors (1994)
- University of Miami School of Law Juris Doctorate with honors (1983) Moot Court Board Winning Team and Best Oralist
- Oxford University Certificate in Comparative Law and European Community Law (1981)
- University of Florida Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Finance) with high honors (1978)
French, English, Spanish
- Member of the Paris, Florida, New York and California Bars
- Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association
- Member of Avosial, French employment lawyers organization
- Member of the International Bar Association and Member of the Global Employer Institute
- Member of the American Bar Association and Vice Chair of the International Labor & Employment Law sub-committee
- Founding member and Board member of the XBHR (cross-border human resources)
- French American Chamber of Commerce, Human Resources working group.